Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Weekend update



Gone to Jasper...AGAIN!

Well, we spent the weekend in Jasper again. We made an unexpected trip up there since Kenny discovered he didn't have to be at work until 5:00 Monday afternoon, and he had more things he wanted to get done before I go back to school and life becomes so hectic for us. I managed to spend quite a bit of time on the 4wheeler with Kash but I also got some sewing done. I finished a small quilt for my sister-in-law (a version of Stack n Whack) and I made two placemats for one of my brothers.
Kenny finished our gate to our land and he got some mowing done, so he was happy. He also helped (well, motivated THEN helped) my dad clean out his shop. You have to understand that it's about a 50 foot metal building FILLED to the brim with woodworking equipment, sawdust, tools, etc., and my dad never wants to clean it up. He always complains, however, about how much he NEEDS to clean it up so he can build the cabinets for my mom's pantry, sand boards for my brother's house that he's building, not to mention working on the Damn Things he's been doing for me! lol Anyway, it's clean now until next time!

Today, (Monday) Jayme, Kash and I spent the day in her classroom where she'll be teaching 5th grade math and science. She was SO disappointed in her room because it's in the oldest part of the building, and she didn't realize they would be starting school in the old building. See, the district has built a new elementary for that school, but they won't be able to move into the new building until around Thanksgiving or Christmas. So...she has to set up her room, then she'll have to move again before the end of the year. Oh, well. She has a large window in the room and TONS of storage, so I told her we could make it look good. We went today and bought fabric to make a cute curtain for the window, and we'll use the fabric to put a skirt around a table and around her desk. We're also going to decorate her bulletin boards and set up stations. One thing that was so discouraging for her was that the former teacher's belongings were still in the room last week when we visited it. They moved all that out, though, so it was much better today. We managed to get her desk in order as well as several of her bookcases, etc. It's really a huge room, and it won't be too bad.
Kash, of course, spent the day writing on the board and being a "stoo-derent" as he called it! He played on the computer, drew pictures and hid in the cabinets! lol






No comments: